Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Colonial Days

This Fourth of July weekend, I got to participate in Colonial Days at the Crandall Historical Printing Museum, part of Provo's Freedom Festival. All the volunteers dressed up in traditional colonial costume and demonstrated some aspect of colonial life. There were blacksmiths, sidewalk chalkers, spinners carting wool, etc. I painted "Patriot Medalions" for the kids to wear and take home. I loved working with the kids. It was so rewarding to see how excited they were to choose their own colors and watch their picture take shape.

During Colonial times, a Patriot might wear a tree round painted with a liberty tree, acorn, or oak leaf to show he was a member of the Sons of Liberty.

Here I am with one of my angel helpers. Each day I was there, someone came to help me and save me from the long line. Can't thank them enough. One person can only paint so fast. :)

3 comments:

paws said...

So cute! You look great.

Mamere said...

Those are really cute. I am glad to see that you have some new things posted.

Maxmomma said...

Those are SO cute! No wonder long lines were forming. I would have waited forever to get one of those! They are incredible! Amen- you do look great.