Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Me at the Show

Here I am standing by my art at the BYU Illustration Alumni Show which was on display during the month of February. I had a fabulous time at the opening reception viewing all the great artwork, connecting with former classmates and professors, and meeting a few new faces as well. And thanks to all the family and friends who came! Here are some close-up shots of the "Little Monster" frame.

I was really happy with how this frame turned out. I found the frame for $5 at a thrift store less than a week before the show, and it just happened to be the perfect dimensions! Am I lucky, or what!? I added some dings, dents, and paint, and . . . Voila! The perfect, Halloweenish/monstery frame. Thank-you, thank-you to Nadine for all your help. I wouldn't have been able to finish everything in time without you.

You can read more about the show in this article by the Daily Herald. And here is a complete list of all the artists who participated.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love looking at your art.

You look great!

princesstomato said...

just found your blog thru IF. love your work, and that frame turned out fabulously!

teri